Girls Get I.T. scouts, recruits and encourages talented girls to focus on science, technology and math in school, college and as a career. GGIT Treasure Hunters “girlify” math and science then lead, guide and mentor students in order to circumvent the reasons that young women often give up on high-tech careers.
The results have been remarkable and immediate:
– 89% of GGIT girls reported that their parents and friends support their interest in science more than they did before
– 1/3 reported an increase in their belief that they could make it into a good college
– 50% increase in positive attitudes toward getting a job in science or technology
Had these same recruits not had access to Girls Get I.T., statistics show that:
– 80% will not go into a math or science career
– Only 10% will major in a technology field in college
Without programs like Girls Get I.T., half the American workforce can’t compete on a global scale and we all pay a high price for that.